Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Shopping Trip, Saved 87%



This trip was two different stores, Walgreens & CVS. The Walgreens trip was a typical Walgreens trip for me, but as for the CVS trip that one was a little different because I actually planned & went to shop there for groceries.


Before I started couponing shopping at a drug store for groceries was rare for me. There were groceries that I needed & I decided since they were on sale at CVS & I had ECB's to use to lower my out of pocket, I would get them there.


My total OOP was $13.63 and I saved $93.68 for a 87% savings, this is what I did......



Walgreens trip

Trans 1- $4.15 oop
Trans 2- $1.32 oop
Trans 3- $2.32 oop

Total= $7.79 oop after coupons and register rewards

I started out with $10 in register rewards after my trip I left with $15 in register rewards.




CVS trip

Trans 1- 6 cent oop
Trans 2- 53 cent oop
Trans- $5.25 oop

Total= $5.89 oop after coupons and ECB's

I started out with $15 in ECB's and after my trip I left with $11.75 in ECB's


This is how you use your rewards and ECB's to keep your oop low, in my last CVS trans I only paid $5.25 oop for 3 Wesson oils(needed cooking oil) & 1 box of Popcorn & in that trans I got back $3 in ECB's so if you subtract that, It comes to $2.25. And I picked cooking oil & cereal and those were things I needed for my house.

How did you do this week??







No comments:

Post a Comment