Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting: Paid under $1





There year I didn't plan to make many dessserts, but I wanted to make a cake and I didn't have any frosting. I thought about what I had on hand & BAM there it was. I could make homemade cream cheese frosting. I had all the ingredients I needed on hand & the absolute best part about it is, that it cost me very little.


I have been picking up Philadelphia cream cheese for only $.49, so I had quite a few & wow what a great way to use up some of it. You can see of the post of the $.49 Phila cream cheese post here or here. And not to mention that I only paid 10 cent for the spread, yes 10 cent and you can check out that post here.


This is what I did....

note: I didn't use exact measurements, I just go along and add to my taste.

1/4 cup spread

1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese

16oz of powered sugar

1 tsp of vanilla flavor


Mix softened cream cheese, melted spread and 1 tsp vanilla together & add powdered sugar to sweeten to taste. Blend well until it's smooth or sweet as you like.


When you mix those ingredients together........





Which I think turned out very well & I put this delicious cream cheese frosting on my banana cake & Yum!!!!!




I love this because before I was using coupons, I wouldn't been stocked up on Philadelphia cream cheese!!!!!


Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment